Monday, April 27, 2009

I Am Reminded of an Earth, Wind, and Fire Tune

Earlier today, Buddy and I were having a conversation about devotion, when, as often is the case, a song came to mind. Do you remember this one? 


               DEVOTION

Through devotion, blessed are the children.
Praise the teacher that brings true love to many.

Your devotion opens all life's treasures
and deliverance from the fruits of evil.

So our mission: to bring a melody,
ringin' voices, sing sweet harmony.






For you, here's a song to make your day brighter,
one that will last you long through troubled days.

Giving your heart the light to brighten
all of the dark that falls in your way.

You need devotion.
Bless the children.
Deliverance from the fruits of evil.







In everyone's life there's a need to be happy.
Let the sun shine a smile your way.

Open your heart, feel a touch of devotion.
Maybe this song will help uplift your day.




Make a better way.
You need devotion.


 Lyrics by Phillip Bailey and Maurice White

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Yaya!
Devotion. A good word for meditation.
Thanks for the reminders!
We continue to love your writing!
Maggie & Lou

Buddy said...

Ahhh devotion. Yes, my betrothed and I were indeed talking about devotion. What a wonderful word.
Devote, to set apart for or give up to some purpose or person.
Devoted, very loving, loyal, faithful.
Mr.Webster stated it, Olivia Newton John sang about it, Earth Wind And Fire offered it up in their high note harmony .
Countless love letters and poems have been composed, as I soon discovered when I did a " search ", and read many of them.
Of course, being the romantic that I am.....and very grateful that I am, this word holds a special meaning, and has done so for much of my adult life.
When my beautiful bride to be floated back into my soul,it was the devotion to many years of faith which finally, this time forever, allowed it to be so.
It surely does open all life's treasures,being the beacon that lights your heart's way and purpose.

Sweetheart, I am as blessed as one man could be. My devotion to you, our lifetime together, this gift from the power above....is endless, as is my love for you.

I love you My Heart xoxoxoxo

Unknown said...

Ah, yes, Maggie and Lou: That is how the discussion came about: "Let's choose a word/a concept on which to meditate for the day."

I define devotion thus: a commitment, in thought, word, and deed, to something one holds as sacred.

I agree with Buddy: devotion lights the path for your heart to follow.

Unknown said...

Buddy: How generous you are with your expressions of love. I am blessed to be marrying a man of such faith and devotion. I love you, Woo!