Monday, April 20, 2009

The Book That Was The Nook

I looked in the jewelry box.
I looked in the toilet bowl.
I combed through the kitty litter...thrice.

I looked in the cats' food dish.
I searched in the dishwasher.
I poured the coffee out of the pot...no ice.

I gently shook Mookie and FuBu.
I cleaned off the dining room table.
I emptied the vaccuum...no bling.

I crawled on my hands and knees.
I cleaned out the fireplace.
I got ashes in my face...no ring.

Where else can I look?
How 'bout in one of your books?
Sure 'nuf that's where the ring was nesting.

**********************************************

 This is the book in which I found my engage-
ment ring: Mars and Venus Together Forever by John Gray. I wasn't even reading this book at the time. However, I teach Interpersonal Communication (relationship skills) courses so I always have a stack of relationship books around the house for reference, and my ring apparently hid out in one!

One of my neighbors suggested perhaps the fact that the ring snuggled into the crevice of this particular book was a sign that the book has something special to offer us. If that is so, I wished I had paid attention to the pages between which the ring was tucked.

Buddy and I both agree that we will read this book together and keep it on the shelf with our treasured photos and mementos.

5 comments:

Bemused Boomer said...

A.maz.ing! Glad you found it! My husband once did a search like yours when he misplaced his wedding ring. He found it on the bottom of the ice cream carton in the freezer. (It wasn't nearly as imaginative in its choice of hiding spots as was your ring!)

CJGallegos said...

Incredible! Wowie Kazowi! This is the greatest news....your poem, ala Dr. Suess is terrific too...

Unknown said...

Thank you, Ladies, for joining the celebration. We are definately relieved.

Anyone else have a story about lost and found items?

Libbie Stellas said...

so glad you found it!!!!!

LOve, Libbie

Buddy said...

My Heart. We both know how powerful faith is, and it is something that I have had for many years. It enabled me to have my prayers answered,in you,our engagement,spending our lives together, and yes,you locating your ring.
I felt so helpless as you described where you were looking. I know we were experiencing the same type of temporary loss of this piece of beautiful jewelry. During our wonderful time in Florida, I looked at your hand and would see you instinctively move your left thumb up and down the underside of your ring finger.
Then the day you called to tell me it was once again on your finger! Out came the Kleenex.
Faith is the light of our next step
Illuminating our way ahead
Faith will sustain and comfort
Through all our years ahead
Faith upholds all our hopes
It is the seasoning that endures
Faith is our love's companion
And as is our love, eternal, immortal, forever, always.
Thank you my heart and soul....thank you our faith.
I love you my one xoxoxoxo