Monday, February 14, 2011

I'm Baaack!


After a self-imposed hiatus that extended a bit too long, I am delighted to say: "I'm Back." Boy have I missed writing to you. It has been an entire year since we've been together at My Seat on the Beach, and we've got a lot of reconnecting to do. I have missed the dialogues between my readers (Mimi, Buddy, Brad, Jevon, Maggie and Lou, especially) and I hope to meet even more blog buddies.

Let me fill you in on a few of my writing projects:

1) Aside from this blog, I am writing a memoir about coming-of-age while living over my Dad's Funeral Home. Any of my readers who have memories of that time of our lives, please, please click the Post a Comment line at the end of this blog post and give a holla. All my other readers who may be curious about the experience, please send me your questions via the Comment section.

2) You have been introduced to Buddy, Mookie, and FuBu--my family, and of course, I'll be writing about them. Many of you enjoyed reading Buddy's previous remarks in the Comment section so I hope you will tune in. He says he may write again. I just remembered, I never posted our wedding pictures. Next week. Stay tuned. (If I can figure out how to upload them.)

3) I have been teaching Communication Studies at Bay Area colleges for over 20 years now, so I am going to try my hand at writing communication articles for publication. I'll post some here for your feedback first.

4) I have been learning more (through trial and error) about how to live, work, and play with fibromyalgia. I definitely want to create a discussion with blog readers about living with chronic pain so I can write about those challenges.

As you can see, I have ambitious writing plans for this year. I hope you will join me regularly at My Seat on the Beach. (Just click on the Follower and/or Subscribe section on the right side of the blog.)

Happy Valentine's Day, everybody!

11 comments:

Carol said...

Good to see you back, I wondered what happened to you.

Libbie said...

so glad you are back to writing. When you are ready - I 'll tell you my memmory of visiting your house - in 9th ? grade and you all not letting me go on the tour of the basement cause my dad had died!

Love to you both - Libbie

Mimi said...

Hi Yaya, Welcome back!!! I look forward to seeing what this year holds for all of us. Much love,

Mimi

Unknown said...

Carol:I am happy to be back. I never realized how critical to me writing the blog was until I stopped for a year. Thanks for reading it again.

Peace, Love, and Joy, YaYa

Unknown said...

Wow Libbie: Really? I am happy you remember this as I have been trying to recover stories where my Rowe Funeral Home and Kent Place School experiences intersected. I want to explore the challenges of being "an integration experiment" while living in the midst of death.

I cherish you, my friend. Peace, Love, and Joy, YaYa

Unknown said...

Mimi: I know...you never know what God/dess has in store! That is why I have a sign on my refrigerator that reminds me: "Mother has a purpose; Mother has a plan."

I love you, my cousin. Peace, YaYa

Anonymous said...

So glad you are back posting your writing! We love hearing all your stories!
And especially those about the furry ones! Now, when Mookie visits, he has found a hiding spot in a clothes basket full of towels! It's always something new!
Will call with kitty delivery services as they arise!
Love, Auntie Maggie & Uncle Lou

Unknown said...

Hi Maggie and Lou: What would Mookie do without you. Come to think of it, what would I do without you! We are family. Peace, Love, and Joy, YaYa

Anonymous said...

Welcome back sis.

Brad

Unknown said...

Thanks Brad: I'm looking forward to generating blog ideas with you. Peace, Love, and Joy, YaYa

Unknown said...

Thanks Brad: I'm looking forward to generating blog ideas with you. Peace, Love, and Joy, YaYa