Saturday, October 1, 2011

Summer Memories

Its October first. Where did September go? How about August for that matter? I'm still wading through pictures from the latter part of the summer.





First, I moved in the beginning of August. Buddy and my younger brother, John Paul, came out to help.They are the most caring and protective men in my life.















Next, both my sister Tonia and I flew from California to New Jersey to celebrate my parents' 62 wedding anniversary. Look at them.

 Aren't they cute? They are 87 years old and proud of it.

Friends and family came from all around to pay tribute. Including:





My cousins Tia, 
Lorraine, and Tawanda.













My cousin Randy and Buddy.











Moi, Richard Harris and Sherry Davis Ruffin (We go way back!) 
















Richard, Buddy, and Glenda Blackwell.











Stay tuned. Next week: photos of Buddy's birthday, and Mom Riz's visit with her first great grandchild.

3 comments:

Sherry Ruffin said...

Love the pics, Karen. Keep them coming. Had a great time at the Anniv. Party! Always great to see you and Buddy and spend time reminiscing and sharing stories. Glad Richard could come this trip! Your parents are great. God bless their continued union. Hope to see you the next time you're in Mo'town. Peace, SDR

CJGallegos said...

Love the pics, YaYa! I love looking at people's family albums. BUT....tell me that's not a cigarette in your hand!?

Unknown said...

Cooper: Don't you know I tried to crop that ciggy out of the photo and made it more prominent instead. Truth be told, I don't know how it got in my hand! I know you've never seen me smoke. I rarely do. It seems like when I am home, I pick up old vices.