Monday, April 18, 2011

Spring Fever Has Struck Again


Spring has sprung and our Spring Break started rather late in the season. By the end of last week, students and faculty alike were eager for rest and relaxation. Many of my students agreed with Robin Williams: "Spring is nature's way of saying, 'Let's party!'" They are off to Mexico to do just that.


Me? I've returned to the East Coast Love Nest to spend my vacation with Buddy. Ten days of rest and rejuvenation. I arrived just in time to catch the blooming of the cherry blossoms right outside of our living room window. I am reminded of this sentiment expressed by Bern Williams: "The day the Lord created hope was probably the same day he created Spring."


2 comments:

Sherry Ruffin said...

Hey Karen, Welcome home to Jersey!
Don't let the Stress of the hustle & bustle of the East Coast get you down. Enjoy your time with Buddy and if it gets to bad, go up to the man- made beach @ Sunrise Lake. I'm sure you can find a peaceful place there.
SDR

Debbie Vermilyea said...

Sounds like a relaxing place to spend your break. I love that you include photos with your blog. I do periodically. Enjoy your time away from the "usual."