Monday, September 7, 2009

We Came, We Saw, We Celebrated-Part 2



My parents recently celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary with family and friends. I did not do justice photographing the scope of the event (the camera's battery died and I did not have the battery charger with me) but this one picture captures the essence of Meadie-Peadie and MarionBelle: my mother, ever the lady, and my father, the consummate jokester.





Mommy, my brother John Paul, and friend, Harold.















My sister Tonia (right) and her BBF, Yvonne.











John Paul's son, John Paul, Jr.














Cousin Kenny (left) shares the coveted grilling duties with Buddy (below).




My brother Dutch (Meade Vernon, Jr.), sportin' a hat, just like Meadie-Peadie, and cousin Ronnie and his wife, LaVerne.






Cousin Connie, her mom. Sara, and her husband Bill. Connie brought with her a recently researched family tree of my paternal grandfather's side of the family, and gave us all an opportunity to make corrections.













Tonia's son (and my Godson) Montae, Jr.





Buddy and my cousin Marion enjoy themselves while sharing
meat-slicing duties in the kitchen.











 We have so few sibling photographs.
This is a great one of John Paul and me.










Here is a picture with me, my parents, and John Paul's dog, Paige!









It is a rare occasion when Tonia, who lives in Los Angeles, CA, and I, who lives in Santa Cruz, CA are able to visit my parents at the same time. (Notice MarionBelle, agog in the background.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

60 years! Wow, that's forever and they look very happy. Very nice pictures.
-Julie

Blasé said...

Aww, those are some purdy pics!

Plot Whisperer said...

Family love... nothing like it!!

You all look so happy, especially you, Karen. You glow, you radiate, you beam with love and happiness.

So nice to see you so happy and surrounded by such love.

Thanks for sharing...

Buddy said...

And what a celebration it was ! I have the honor of being able to say I was a part of this great event, as I am honored to be Mead and Marions future Son in Law. Very near future I am blessed to say !
It seems like yesterday that the planning had begun, being forunate enough to join coference calls with family members. The excitement grew as the grand day became closer.
The tables were beautifully set and arranged, family and friends filled each room of Dutch's lovely home,Kenny was seriously at work at the grill, not once daunted by the warm weather. This man knows how to barbecue and loves it.
I was having a wonderful time with family and friends, some of whom I had not seen since December last, and thankfully introduced to more, by my beautiful betrothed.
Every once in awhile I could hear "dad" tell someone to think twice about having a hot dog or hamburger. They would look at him and ask why, which is exactly what he wanted to hear....." do you know that man ( pointing to me ), well, he cooked them, and I'm just warning you." I looked at him and he was smiling as always, his inventful, playful mind in full gear as he contently walked away. And as he did, I reminded him of the time we were driving together and as we were passing a cemetery, he asked me " now, how many dead people do you suppose are in that cemetery ?" I grinned in pure joy, savoring the words as I answered,
" all of them " It is never very long in between when we aren't playing, and loving every second.
Ahhhh, the lovely Mrs. R, MarionBelle. She truly was enjoying herself.Posing for pictures, surrounded by loved ones everywhere she was, in or out of the house. It was heartfelt to listen to her converse about what she holds so dear and true to her heart......family and friends. As someone would walk by, adult and child alike, there would be a story, a fond rememberence to follow. It speaks volumes of loving and being loved.
Seeing them together, the smiles on their faces, their reactions as yet someone else would join the celebration, was so very touching.

Everyone shared in a beautiful day, a momentous day of honoring two very special people on their amazing 60 years of love and life.

This was truly a tribute and celebration of love.

I Love You Sweetheart